What Is It?
FootGolf is a very ‘addictive’ sport that combines the best of the popular sport of soccer with an elite sport like golf. Similar to golf, the players’ intent is to kick a ball into the hole with the least amount of strokes possible.
FootGolf uses the basic model of golf, with a tee box, a green, bunker, hazards and 18 holes of play. There is par for each hole, mimicking golf’s scorecard, and you still play as a twosome, threesome or foursome.
Rules for Footgolf
– All players must wear proper attire. Golf cleats are not permitted.
– Players are allowed to bring their own soccer ball, but we will have soccer balls to rent.
– Just like golf, please keep up with the group in front of you. If your group falls too far behind, you will be asked to skip a hole to catch up.– Please be respectful of other footgolfers and golfers on the course.
How to play Footgolf
– When kicking off at the beginning of each hole, players must start behind the markers, but no farther back than 2 yards.
– The ball must be played in a single movement. Your foot should be separate from the ball, clearly behind, before kicking.
– The player farthest from the hole, kicks first.
– You must wait until the ball stops before you may kick it again, even if it is being blown by the wind.
– Play the ball where it lies, even if it lies behind a tree or in a sand trap.
– If your kick ends up in the water, the player must take a 1 point penalty. The player’s ball should be placed within two steps of where the ball landed in the water.
– Only on the green is it permitted to lift and clean your soccer ball.
– FootGolf is only available for Special Events and tournaments. Call Nick Zanca @ 757-566-2200 ext. 5 for more information on booking your Special Event or Tournament.